- When choosing a storage unit, factor in a little more room than your belongings take up in order
to allow everything to fit. There is nothing worse than finding your unit is too small.
- Purchase a secure, high quality lock. One of the most highly recommended is the disc lock,
which is available for purchase in the Budget Storage office in Coeur d’Alene.
- Any type of vehicle may be stored in the unit to free up space in your garage. Please
provide a copy of registration or title to prove ownership.
- TIP-TOE IS A NO-NO -- Only bad things can happen when you’re tempted to over-reach. Keep a
folding stepstool inside your storage unit for accessing items stored above your head.
- For easier access, try to leave an aisle down the center of the unit. Leave approximately 1”
space between walls and boxes for better ventilation.
- Number your boxes on several sides and keep an inventory of the contents of each box,
listed by number, in a separate binder. Store the binder in a safe place at home should you
ever need it.
- Think creatively and you’ll make the most of your storage space.